NOTE: All sections are 8 week courses
Please plan accordingly when scheduling multiple courses. Courses are not eligible for refunds.
This course will provide an understanding of basic nutrition and what diet practices impact health outcomes at varying life stages. Modules in this course will cover basic nutrition guidance for varying life stages, digestion and metabolism, sports performance, weight management and behavior modification techniques.
- Overweight & Obesity
- Assessment of Body Mass and Body Composition
- Eating Disorders
- Energy Metabolism
- Regulation of Eating Behavior and Body Mass
- Physical Activity and Exercise
- Physical Activity, Health, and Weight Management
- Healthy Diet – The Basics
- Dietary Approaches to Weight Management
- Weight Loss Drugs
- Commercial and Fad Diets
- Dietary Supplements
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Lifestyle Modification to Promote Health and Weight Management
- Identify food groups, macronutrient distributions, and resources for general nutrition guidance
- Calculate and determine appropriate calorie and macronutrient needs for varying health-related goals
- Explain how to use a food label for serving sizes and healthy eating
- Understand the basics of digestion and metabolism of nutrients
- Identify dietary modifications that can be made to decrease the risk for health-related diseases, including cardiovascular disease and diabetes
- Understand the prevalence and ideologies of obesity in the United States and globally.
- Identify effective weight management strategies and common barriers to weight loss.
- Identify appropriate behavior modification strategies for long term healthy behaviors.
- Understand common fad diets, diet myths, and how to help clients navigate health literacy.